2017 Acura NSX vs. 2017 BMW i8
2017 Acura NSX
2017 BMW i8
Who is the winner in the 2017 Acura NSX vs 2017 BMW i8 battle? It’s your call as you find the perfect match for your Orland Park drive. See how both sports cars stack up, and then test drive the 2017 Acura NSX at Joe Rizza Acura in Orland Park.
How’s the Drive?
Both the new Acura NSX and BMW i8 give you sports systems for fun driving on your Naperville commute, but only one makes the most powerful statement when roaring down I-88.
- BMW Plug-In Hybrid System: Take advantage of 76 MPGe thanks to the plug-in hybrid power. However, this does mean less power at 357 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque. It lags behind the NSX, reaching 60 mph in 4.2 seconds.
- Acura’s Sports Hybrid Power: This system combines a twin turbo-charged engine and twin electric motors for an impressive maximum of 573 hp and 476 lb-ft. It reaches 60 mph in just 2.7 seconds.
Keep your peace of mind while you’re on the Tinley Park roads with the right safety elements:
- BMW Safety Suite: The i8 offers a safety sites including key technologies like Active Driving Assistant, Surround View, City Collision Mitigation, Frontal Collision Warning, Pedestrian Protection, and Speed Limit Info.
- Acura Active and Passive Technologies: Acura delivers the best safety features available with a comprehensive suite of technologies. Active features include Traction Control, Vehicle Stability Assist, Brake Assist and Multi-Angle Rearview Camera. Passive technologies include Roll Over Sensor, Dual Stage Passenger Airbags, One-Row Side Curtain Airbags and 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System.
Make sure your commutes and road trips are as comfortable as possible with the right interior features:
- BMW Cabin Elements: The i8 comes with Bluetooth wireless technology, Heads Up Display, BMW i Remote App, SiriusXM radio, Advanced Real Time Traffic Information, and a Harman Kardon® Premium Sound Audio System.
- Acura’s Luxury Cockpit: From world-class acoustics to minimalist design, the NSX offers balanced, all-around luxury. The steering wheel is leather clad with highly ergonomic design features and you’ll find an ELS Studio Premium Audio giving you 580 watts of power.
Which Vehicle Is Right for You?
Are you ready to decide which is best for you? Take a last look at what both hybrid sports cars have to offer:
- 2017 BMW i8: The BMW i8 takes a step forward with plug-in power, but it also takes a hit to overall performance — an integral element of any sports vehicle.
- 2017 Acura NSX: The NSX gives you an incredible amount of power paired with premium luxury through out your cabin. Each design feature contributes to the NSX’s overall look while also giving you convenient, helpful functionality.
Try the 2017 Acura NSX vs 2017 BMW i8 Yourself
Are you ready to take a test drive of the 2017 Acura NSX? Find your way down to Joe Rizza Acura. If you have any questions or want to make an appointment, fill out our quick contact form.