2016 Acura TLX vs. 2016 Lincoln MKZ
If you are ready to dip your toes into entry luxury cars, then you will probably finalize your choice between the 2016 Acura TLX and the 2016 Lincoln MKZ. Both vehicles are good for the new luxury vehicle owner, but you will find that the 2016 Acura TLX offers a more refined experience and a smoother ride. While these vehicles appear to be very similar in terms of features, only the Acura offers specially engineered perks just for you.
The 2016 Acura TLX is available in two engine options: a 2.4L 4-cylinder that offers 206 hp and 182 lb-ft of torque with an 8 speed transmission, and a 3.5L V6 that provides 290 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque with a 9 speed transmission. The Lincoln is available in 3 engine choices, including a 240 hp 2.4L 4-cylinder, a 188 hp 2.0L 4-cylinder hybrid, and a 300 hp 3.7L V6. At first glance, the Lincoln appears to have the upper hand in terms of performance, but it is the TLX that truly stands out thanks to these numbers:
- *Up to 35 mpg on the highway for the TLX 4-cylinder engine
- *Up to 34 mpg on the highway for the TLX V-6 engine compared to 27 mpg for the Lincoln’s V6, while offering almost the same horsepower and torque
- Paddle shifters available on all engine models, while the Lincoln does not offer this on the hybrid
*Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid models only) and other factors.
All standard engine options on the 2016 MKZ are paired with a six-speed automatic transmission, while engine options on the 2016 TLX include an eight speed or a nine speed transmission, allowing for smoother shifting, improved performance, and fewer trips to the service center. Most notable is the Super Handling All Wheel Drive option on the Acura, which does not have a comparable partner in the Lincoln. SH-AWD offers unparalleled performance thanks to:
- Continual analysis of wheel speed, steering angle, lateral G-force, and yaw rate
- Up to 45% of engine power transferred to rear wheels during hard acceleration
- Up to 70% of torque directed to rear wheels on a curve under hard acceleration
- Revolving the outside rear wheel up to 2.7% faster than other wheels
Features and Space
Both the 2016 Acura TLX and the 2016 Lincoln MKZ both offer plenty of luxury features, but the Acura edges out the Lincoln for efficient space and options for driving modes. The TLX provides 13.2 cubic feet of trunk space, while the MKZ only offers 11.1. Likewise, you can save time at the pump in the Acura, thanks to a large 17.2-gallon fuel tank, offering nearly four gallons more than the Lincoln. Of course, you can always compare the two for yourself, and you can start at Joe Rizza Acura. Call our team at (800) 934-4025 to schedule a test drive today!