The 2017 Acura RDX’s Performance Features
With the 2017 Acura RDX, the venerable Acura company has outdone itself yet again. The 2017 Acura RDX promises drivers a grand array of entertainment and information technologies, which keep passengers and drivers engaged on the open road. Orland Park area drivers love the Acura RDX’s assemblage of high-quality safety systems and devices, as well as its expertly crafted interior and exterior design.
The Acura RDX is also notable for its truly awesome performance features. This SUV comes equipped with a wildly powerful engine, high levels of horsepower, speed, and torque, a stellar transmission system, excellent fuel economy, and a wide range of special features to boot. But there’s no need to simply trust us on this — take a look yourself at what the Acura RDX has to offer drivers.
First of all, the 2017 Acura RDX gives drivers a titanically powerful drivetrain:
- The RDX comes equipped with an aluminum alloy 24-valve SOHC i-VTEC V-6 engine with 3.5 liters of displacement.
- The RDX also gives you a choice between Front-Wheel Drive and All-Wheel-Drive, depending on your preferences.
- Not only that, but the RDX comes equipped with Variable Cylinder Management, which enables the engine to function on either three or six cylinders, thereby improving its efficiency even more.
Horsepower, Speed, Torque
Such a massively powerful engine guarantees top-notch specs when it comes to horsepower, speed, and torque:
- Running on its V-6 engine, the RDX can churn out an unbelievable 279 hp, while it also gets 252 lb-ft of torque.
- Likewise, the RDX also boasts an impressive top speed, giving drivers as much as an outstanding 190 mph.
Not only is the RDX a wildly powerful and speedy car, though — it also gives you unrivaled handling and a soon-to-be legendarily smooth drive:
- The RDX comes outfitted with a 6-speed automatic transmission system for an epically satisfying drive.
- It’s also embedded with Sequential SportShift paddle shifters that make it especially sensitive to terrain conditions, allowing it to adapt to most situations maximizing control and optimizing performance.
- Likewise, the RDX gives you Grade Logic Control, which is capable of controlling the speed at which the RDX descends hills, extending your control over this vehicle’s operation even more.
Combined with the 2017 RDX’s stellar power and handling are awesome levels of fuel efficiency:
- With Front-Wheel-Drive, the RDX gives you 20 mpg* in the city and 28 mpg* on the highway.
- With All-Wheel-Drive, the RDX promises as much as 19 mpg* in the city, and 27 mpg* on the highway.
- The RDX is also a notably clean vehicle, having been named a ULEV-2 vehicle.
Finally, add to all of this a wide array of performance features, including:
- An RDX Macpherson Front Strut and Rear Multi-Link Suspension System – With Macpherson strut design, the RDX promises precision handling as well as long-term durability. This strut system also improves the RDX’s ability to take corners with its anti-squat geometry, which reduces pitching under acceleration, and it provides Amplitude Reactive Dampers for strengthened stability.
- Electronic Power Steering – The RDX’s Electronic Power Steering enables a smooth shift from low speeds to high ones and also offers an extreme steering column to reduce vibration levels.
- Performance Braking – The RDX gives you 4-channel anti-lock brakes, as well as a powerful Electronic Brake Distribution system and an array of other sophisticated Brake Assist systems.
- Rigid Body Structure – Almost 40% of the RDX’s weight is composed of high-tensile strength, which is not only lighter and stiffer than the usual steel used in automobiles but also allows the RDX to channel the force from frontal impacts around the cabin rather than through it, offering passengers added safety.
- An Almost Silent Ride – Finally, the RDX gives drivers a memorably quiet drive, with Thinsulate in the inner fenders, door lighting housings, and spare tire pan to reduce noise, and super-quiet Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires.
Experience High-Powered Performance in the 2017 Acura RDX Today!
The best part is that you can experience all the high-powered performance that the 2017 Acura RDX has to offer yourself simply by visiting our Joe Rizza Acura dealership. Located at 8150 West 159th Street in Orland Park, we can also be reached via phone at 800-934-4025. When it comes to a vehicle like the Acura RDX, there’s no excuse for not experiencing it in the flesh, so come on by Joe Rizza Acura today!
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain you vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid models only) and other factors.