The 2016 Acura TLX’s Safety Features
The 2016 Acura TLX features some of the most advanced safety systems available today. In fact, these safety systems are so revolutionary that we needed to write an entire article exclusively about them. Let’s take a deep dive into the active and passive safety features of this remarkable luxury sedan. You’ll also learn about the innovative driver assistance features available, as well as how you can take the new TLX for a test drive today at Joe Rizza Acura in Orland Park. We proudly serve Orland Park, Tinley Park, and Naperville. Read on to find out more about how you can take advantage of the 2016 Acura TLX’s suite of safety features!
Active Safety Features
The 2016 Acura TLX features a variety of advanced safety systems that preemptively attempt to prevent and mitigate the effects of accidents. Over the years, these systems have gradually become more and more advanced, and the 2016 Acura TLX features some of the most extraordinary active safety technologies available on the market today. Let’s take a look at some of the most remarkable active safety systems you’ll find on the 2016 TLX:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System: In order to reduce the likelihood and severity of a frontal impact accident, the Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS) utilizes a combination of radar and camera equipment to detect the speed of vehicles in front of you and automatically apply braking power in the event of an imminent collision. It’s like having a second set of eyes watching the road for you.
- Road Departure Mitigation System: The TLX keeps an eye on the pavement and automatically reroutes you back into the lane if it detects any drifting. It’s ideal for combatting highway hypnosis. In the event that you’re unable to stay on the road, the vehicle will apply automatic braking power to prevent an escalation of the situation.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: Vehicle Stability Assist uses an array of sensors in addition to ABS along with AWD to reduce the possibility of oversteer and understeer and ultimately keep you safe on the road. It’s a bit like autopilot.
Passive Safety Features
Active and passive safety features work hand-in-hand to keep you and your passengers safe. While active systems focus more on the changing dynamics of a particular situation, passive safety technologies are embedded into the design of the TLX itself. Here’s the scoop on the TLX’s passive safety systems:
- Advanced Body Structure Design: The durable body of the TLX was engineered to absorb and distribute impact energy to keep the passenger compartment as safe as possible.
- Child-Safety Technologies: All three rear-seat positions are LATCH-equipped (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children), thus allowing LATCH-compatible child seats to be installed without the use of seat belts.
- Comprehensive Seatbelts and Airbags: With a comprehensive set of seatbelts and airbags, you and your passengers will be well-protected in the event of an accident. These systems are designed to minimize impact trauma and ensure you’re able to function in the event of an accident.
Driver Assistance Features
In addition to its impressive array of active and passive safety technologies, the 2016 TLX also brings with it driver assistance features design to give you an even more pleasurable and safe driving experience.
- Lane Keeping Assist System: With a forward-facing camera that sits above the inside rear view mirror of the TLX, the Lane Keeping Assist system functions proactively to keep the vehicle centered in a detected lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: By keeping you paced with the car in front of you, adaptive cruise control makes your driving experience incredibly convenient and easy. Of course, you can adjust your cruising speed manually as well.
- Blind Spot Information System: The BSI keeps an eye on your blind spots and gives you an audible alert in the event that your path will intersect with another vehicle on the road. You’ll wonder how you ever lived without it.
Test Drive the 2016 Acura TLX Today at Joe Rizza Acura to See How Safe It Truly Is
Without a doubt, the new TLX is one of the safest vehicles on the road today. To see for yourself and take it for a test drive, visit us at Joe Rizza Acura. We’re located at 8150 W 159th St, Orland Park, IL 60462 and you can contact us over the phone at 800-934-4025 or online for more information. We look forward to seeing you soon at Joe Rizza Acura!