Acura RLX vs. Mercedes-Benz E350
2016 Acura RLX
2016 Mercedes-Benz E350
There are a lot of luxury vehicles in the industry today, which means it’s a good idea to take some time before making a decision. The 2016 Acura RLX remains a top choice for many discerning shoppers in Orland Park, Tinley Park, and Naperville, thanks to its generous standard fare, confident performance, and relatively competitive starting price. Another midsize luxury car that’s sure to get attention is the 2016 Mercedes-Benz E350. While it’s certain to attract many shoppers for its name and style, it actually lags behind the Acura model in many areas. Here’s a basic rundown of both models.
Drivers looking for more premium luxury performance, features, and design will want to consider the 2016 Acura RLX:
- 2016 Acura RLX – MSRP from $54,450*
- 2016 Mercedes-Benz E350 – MSRP from $53,100
Performance and Fuel Economy
Both of these vehicles get a standard 3.5L V6 engine, but if you prize power or efficiency you’ll be better served with the capabilities of the 2016 Acura RLX:
- 2016 Acura RLX – The i-VTEC® 3.5L V6 on the Acura RLX puts out a robust 310 hp. In spite of that commanding output, it’s still capable of achieving an EPA-estimated 31 mpg highway and 24 mpg city.*
- 2016 Mercedes-Benz E350 – The E350’s 3.5L V6 comes in under the competition with 302 hp, while fuel economy is equally unimpressive at an EPA-estimated 29 mpg highway and 23 mpg city.
Both of these vehicles come with a standard basic warranty that lasts for 48 months or 50,000 miles, but the Acura model gives you longer coverage for your engine and transmission:
- 2016 Acura RLX – The powertrain warranty for the Acura RLX lasts for 72 months or 70,000 miles.
- 2016 Mercedes-Benz E350 – The powertrain warranty on the Mercedes-Benz runs out after just 48 months or 50,000 miles.
Both of these vehicles are luxury sedans, which means no matter which one you choose you can expect plenty of high-end materials on the dash and throughout the cabin. That doesn’t mean they’re created equally, though, which is proven by the many standard features on the Acura RLX that aren’t found on the Mercedes-Benz E350, such as a built-in hard drive, heated front seats, an advanced navigation system, and satellite radio. Also, the Acura model gets standard 19-inch alloy wheels, while the Mercedez-Benz only gets standard 17-inch wheels.
Get Behind the Wheel of the 2016 Acura RLX
Are you drawn to the generous standard features of the 2016 Acura RLX? Maybe you like the combination of performance and fuel economy or the accessible starting price for a vehicle in this segment? Whatever draws you to it, you’re welcome to come take in for a spin at Joe Rizza Acura, easy to find from Tinley Park or Naperville at 8150 W 159th St in Orland Park, IL. If you’ve got questions or concerns before you come by, feel free to contact our sales team!
*Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid models only) and other factors.
*Prices shown are Acura suggested retail prices only and do not include taxes, license, or a $940 destination and handling charge. Acura vehicle accessory costs, labor, and installation vary. Dealers set their own prices. Please consult your selected dealer.