2016 Acura RLX vs. 2016 Audi A6
2016 Acura RLX
2016 Audi A6
When it comes to choosing the right luxury sedan for your personal needs and desires, it’s worth taking the time to do the research. The 2016 Acura RLX makes a strong case for itself with an exciting list of standard features, confident and responsive performance on the road, and the coverage to keep you driving longer. The 2016 Audi A6 might have name recognition on its side, but research shows where the Acura model beats it out. Get a closer look at both of these vehicles before making a decision. If you like the looks of the Acura RLX, take the drive from Naperville or Tinley Park to take it for a spin at Joe Rizza Acura in Orland Park.
Both of these models feel spirited enough, but you’ll enjoy more power behind the wheel of the 2016 Acura RLX:
- Acura RLX – The standard engine on the Acura RLX is a i-VTEC® 3.5L V6 that puts out a confident 310 hp. There’s also a Sport Hybrid version that increases output to 377 hp.
- Audi A6 – This model is powered by a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder engine that only makes 252 hp. There are a couple of other powertrains available, but none of them surpasses 333 hp.
Shopping both of these midsize luxury sedans reveals that both models come with generous standard fare, ranging from standard Bluetooth phone and audio to a sunroof, a 10-speaker sound system, and heated and power adjustable front seats. While both models come with standard alloy wheels, the Acura TLX gets standard 19-inch alloy wheels, while the Audi A6 only gets 18-inch ones. The base Acura TLX further outclasses the base Audi A6 with standard features like satellite radio, turn-by-turn navigation, and keyless start.
Passenger and Cargo Space
Whether shoppers choose the Acura RLX or the Audi A6, they’ll get standard seating for up to five passengers. The Acura RLX proves the better choice for those who need more room to work with, though:
- Acura RLX – The total interior volume of the Acura RLX measures 117.0 cubic feet, while the trunk remains quite spacious for a vehicle in this segment at 14.9 cubic feet.
- Audi A6 – The Audi A6 is a bit more cramped, with an interior volume of just 112.1 cubic feet. There’s also less room in the trunk, which measures a smaller 14.1 cubic feet.
While both of these vehicles come with a standard four-year/50,000-mile basic warranty, the Acura RLX gives you more comprehensive coverage with a longer overall powertrain warranty:
- Acura RLX – The drivetrain warranty on the Acura is good for six years or 70,000 miles.
- Audi A6 – The drivetrain warranty on this model runs out after four years or 50,000 miles.
Get a Closer Look at the 2016 Acura RLX
If you’re interested in getting a closer look at the 2016 Acura RLX, make your way to Joe Rizza Acura at 8150 W. 159th Street in Orland Park, IL. We’re just a short drive from Tinley Park and Naperville, and you can contact us to set up a test drive or find out more about this midsize luxury sedan.