2016 Acura MDX vs. The 2016 Volvo XC90
For shoppers in Orland Park, Tinley Park, and Naperville who have been looking for a crossover SUV with plenty of luxury, lots of room for passengers, confident standard power, and a swathe of standard features, the 2016 Acura MDX is clearly a competitive choice. Before making your decision, though, it’s a good idea to have a look around. The 2016 Volvo XC90 has garnered some attention for its uniqueness and perceived performance prowess, but it comes in below the competition when placed against the 2016 Acura MDX. If you feel the same, then come see Acura’s three-row crossover luxury SUV for yourself at Joe Rizza Acura.
Drivers with families or lots of friends who want to be able to haul everyone around town or on big trips will be better served by the spacious dimensions and generous seating capacity of the 2016 Acura MDX:
- Acura MDX – This luxury crossover SUV comes with three rows and standard seating for seven passengers in a cabin the measures 147.3 cubic feet.
- Volvo XC90 – This Volvo crossover only provides two rows of seats and a max passenger volume of five. The interior is also noticeably smaller than the Acura at just 119.6 cubic feet.
When you’re looking for a crossover SUV that has the kinds of capabilities under the hood to get you confidently around town, the Acura MDX does not disappoint:
- Acura MDX – Under the hood of this model, you’ll find an i-VTEC´3.5L V6 engine that serves up a commanding 290 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque to either a front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive system.
- Volvo XC90 – The base powertrain on the Volvo XC90 is a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder engine that only makes 250 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque. There’s also no front-wheel drive version available.
In terms of comfort, convenience, and fun, both of these vehicles get power windows and door locks, a sunroof, Bluetooth phone and audio, steering wheel mounted audio and cruise control, a rearview camera, and an advanced telematics system. The 2016 Acura MDX goes above and beyond expectations, though, exceeding the Volvo XC90 with standard features like rear heating and air conditioning controls, a universal garage door opener, driver memorized steering column settings, speed sensing wipers, and a seatback storage console.
In addition to all of that, the 2016 Acura MDX also starts at a more affordable price than the Volvo XC90:
- Acura MDX – MSRP from $43,015
- Volvo XC90 – MSRP from 43,950
Find Your Way Inside the 2016 Acura MDX
Now that you’ve seen how the 2016 Acura MDX stacks up against another top performance luxury crossover SUV, take the drive from Tinley Park or Naperville to see it in person. Joe Rizza Acura has this model at a competitive price right now, and we’re located at 8150 W. 159th Street in Orland Park, IL. Don’t hesitate to reach us if you need any help getting here or have questions about the Acura MDX.