2017 Acura TLX Performance
If you’re looking for a luxury sedan with smooth performance and high fuel economy, look no further than the 2017 Acura TLX. The performance features stack up to give you a ride that will make traveling around Orland Park a breeze. Find out all that’s under the hood and more below, then come in from the Tinley Park and Naperville areas for a test drive to see why this sedan might be the one for you!
The new Acura TLX comes with two engine options for you to choose between more efficiency or powerful acceleration. Whichever you choose, you’ll have responsive handling and an easy going ride.
- Inline-4 PAWS: The standard engine on the TLX is the 2.4L 4-cylinder engine. This 16-valve powertrain has DOHC and i-VTEC.
- V6 P-AWS: This 3.5L V6 engine gives you a powerful charge when you press the pedal. The 24-valve powertrain features SOHC and i-VTEC.
Horsepower, Speed, and Torque
Depending on the engine you choose, you’ll have different power, speed, and torque outputs.
- 2.5L 4-cylinder Engine: This engine develops up to 206-hp. It has a peak torque of 184 lb.-ft.
- 3.5L V6 Engine: This engine ups the abilities and delivers up to 290-hp for a difference you can feel. The maximum torque is 267 lb.-ft.
Two transmissions have been designed for the 2017 Acura TLX, each one matching one of the aforementioned powertrains.
- 8-Speed DCT: This dual-clutch transmission is paired with the 2.5L 4-cylinder engine and has a torque converter. Sequential SportShift paddle shifters are featured next to the steering wheel so that you can manually change gears when it suits you best.
- 9-Speed Automatic: On V6 models, you’ll have this automatic transmission that also offers Sequential SportShift paddle shifters for your convenience.
With three different engine combinations, there are three different returns on fuel usage that you can expect across the TLX lineup.
- 2.5L 4-cylinder engine: 35 mpg highway**, 24 mpg city**, 28 mpg combined**
- 3.5L V6 with FWD: 34 mpg highway**, 21 mpg city**, 25 mpg combined**
- 3.5L V6 with AWD: 31 mpg highway**, 21 mpg city**, 25 mpg combined**
Special Performance Features
Acura puts a great deal of thought into what special performance features will work together to give you a ride you’ll enjoy day in and day out.
- Precision All-Wheel Steer: Standard across the lineup, P-AWS was designed to give you precision steering and handling at all times. With the most accurate response to your steering, you’ll notice a more dynamic driving experience.
- Agile Handling Assist: Working with P-AWS, this system applies braking to an inside wheel to allow you to better round a curve.
- Available All-Wheel Drive: With the 3.5L V6 engine, you have the option of electing AWD which allows you to travel through adverse road and weather conditions with confidence as power is diverted to front and rear wheels when needed to give you the most control.
- Idle Stop: On AWD models, you’ll have this added function. When you’re stopped in traffic or at a red light, Idle Stop turns the engine off to save on fuel. When you remove your foot from the brake pedal or turn the steering wheel, the engine ignites again and immediately gets you going.
- Integrated Dynamic System: This technology allows you to choose between four driving modes, Normal, Economy, Spot, and Sport+, and it adjusts performance accordingly to deliver the driving experience you’re looking for.
- Suspension: The TLX features 4-wheel independent MacPherson strut suspension in the front and multi-link rear suspension to adjust shocks and absorb unwanted road conditions to offer you a smoother ride in the cabin.
- Performance Braking: No matter the weather or the state of the road, these brakes were built to bring you to a quick and safe stop when you need to for stopping power that you can rely on.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: This system relies on a network of sensors that monitor driving conditions to help prevent oversteer or understeer and help you maintain control of the vehicle at all times. This technology features traction control and motion adaptive steering.
Experience the 2017 Acura TLX Performance and More Today
Visit us to take the 2017 Acura TLX on the road to test its performance and more. Joe Rizza Acura of Orland Park is located at 8150 W 159th St in Orland Park, IL, near Tinley Park and Naperville. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please call us at . You can also leave us a message online, and we’ll be in touch with answers and information soon!
**Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid only) and other factors.