2017 Acura RLX Performance
If you haven’t heard about 2017 Acura RLX performance yet, prepare yourself for a truly responsive driving experience. You can choose from two powertrains that are as powerful as they are efficient. Enjoy your cornering in Orland Park while minimizing your gas budget. Learn more about the RLX’s performance specs before heading to Joe Rizza Acura for a test drive!
What is your Naperville driving style? If you want to both your prime handling and efficient power, you’ll love both of the RLX engine choices:
- V6 Engine: This aluminum-alloy engine sports direct fuel injection and 3.5L of displacement. It has a 24-valve, SOHC i-VTEC valvetrain and an ULEV-2 CARB emissions rating.
- 3 Motor Hybrid System: This system features one front motor, two rear motors and a Lithium-Ion battery. It can be paired with either transmission option, front wheel drive and SH-AWD®.
Power and Speed
Even on your typical Tinley Park commutes, the 2017 RLX will get you there with with power and precision:
- V6 Horsepower: At 6500 rpm, this engine gives you 310 hp.
- V6 Torque: With the front wheel drive configuration, this engine boasts 272 lb-ft of torque at 4500 rpm.
- Hybrid Horsepower: At 6500 rpm, this system gives you 377 hp. You’ll get 47 hp from the front motor and 36 hp each from the rear motor. The sport hybrid engine also gives you 273 lb-ft at 4700 rpm.
- Hybrid Torque: At the maximum, this system gives you 341 lb-ft of torque at 4700 rpm. The front motor gives you 109 lb-ft of torque while the dual rear motors give you 54 lb-ft of torque each.
- Top Track Speed: When put to the test on the racetrack, the 2017 Acura RLX showcased a top track speed of 130 mph.
Choose the right transmission for your powertrain and driving needs:
- 7-Speed DCT: This dual clutch transmission is paired with the Sport Hybrid performance option and serves to maximize the efficiency of your shifting.
- 6-Speed Automatic: This transmission gives you intuitive automatic shifting and the ability to take direct command over your shifting. Use the paddle shifters to shift when in full manual mode, or for a quicker gear change in automatic mode.
The 2017 RLX is a real gem when it comes to fuel economy. Even with two powerful engine options, you can expect respectable mileage on every roadway:
- Front Wheel Drive: With this performance option, you can expect 20 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway.* This averages out to 23 mpg combined.*
- Sports Hybrid: The Sport Hybrid powertrain works to give you 29 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway.*
Special Performance Features
Acura engineers paid close attention to the details and gave you these special performance features for that extra powerful boost:
- Super Handling All-Wheel Drive: Electric power is at the core of this handling system that comes paired with the Sport Hybrid powertrain. It gives you unprecedented control and on-rails handling for an incredibly fun drive no matter where you are.
- Precision All-Wheel Steer: On the fly, this technology will adjust your rear wheel toe angles to better complement the front wheel position. For highway speed stability, the system works in phase, uses counter steer to minimize turn radius and toe in to reduce stop distance.
- Drive Modes: Sport Mode gives you faster acceleration through allowing your transmission higher revving before shifting upwards. Drive Mode places more emphasis on fuel efficiency and smooth gear transitions.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: To reduce the possibility of oversteering and traction loss, this system uses a range of sensors to monitor your drive. As needed, it applies brakes to individual wheels.
- Agile Handling System: Using active braking on the inside wheel, this system allows you to smoothly trace your driving lane through the curve with minimal steering adjustments.
- Blind Spot Information System: When traveling over 20 mph, the BLIS detects when others are in your blind spot and gives you a warning in the appropriate mirror.
- Surround View Camera: Get a 360 view of your surroundings so you can exit and enter tight spaces with complete confidence.
Experience the 2017 Acura RLX Firsthand at Joe Rizza Acura
Are you ready to experience 2017 Acura RLX performance specs for yourself? Find your way down to Joe Rizza Acura, located 8150 W. 159th St., and take a test drive. If you have any questions or want to make an appointment, give us a call at (800) 934-4025 or fill out our online contact form.
*Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid models only) and other factors.