Pair Fuel Economy with Security — The 2017 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid’s Safety Features
Shopping for an SUV can be hard with so many options on the market, but the 2017 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid offers a lot in one package: efficiency, luxury features, and style. The wide array of safety features offered on this new model make it an excellent choice for families- Check out the full hybrid lineup here. Read all about the design and technology that makes this an optimal choice for drivers around Orland Park, Tinley Park, and Naperville here, and then check out the new 2017 MDX at Joe Rizza Acura!
Take Control with Active Safety Features
Some of the best technology on the market is available on this year’s model of the Acura MDX Sport Hybrid depending on the package that you choose. These driver assistance features will help you to make the best driving decisions:
- Road Departure Mitigation System helps keep you safely in your lane and on the road.
- Cross Traffic Monitor System alerts you when a vehicle is approaching while you’re in reverse.
- Blind Spot Information System gives you a warning when a vehicle approaches your blind spot so you know best when to change lanes.
- Auto-levelling Front Headlamps adjust to give you maximum visibility on the road at night or in adverse weather conditions.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow helps you maintain a safe distance from the vehicle ahead of you by adjusting your speed when cruise control is in use.
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors are located in the bumpers to help guide you in and out of tight spots and avoid hitting other vehicles or objects that may be in your way.
- Surround View Camera System gives you a full view of the vehicle so you can see better in your blind spots, in a crowded parking lot, leaving the driveway, and in other challenging scenarios.
Stay Comfortable with Passive Safety Features
The MDX Sport Hybrid has safety tucked behind every panel. That’s where you’ll find the features that help protect you and your loved ones in the event of a collision. These features either deploy when sensors detect an impact to the vehicle to help minimalize injury to everyone involved, or they kick-in automatically to prevent you from losing control of the vehicle or what you might be towing on the road:
- Anti-lock Braking System with Electronic Brake-force Distribution and Brake Assist
- SmartventTM side airbags
- Three-row side curtain airbags with rollover sensor
- Trailer Stability Assist
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control
Trust in Acura Safety Design Features
Structurally, the 2017 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid was built to withstand an impact and designed with features to help protect you from an accident:
- Advanced Compatibility EngineeringTM Body Structure distributes energy from a collision away from passenger areas to crumple zones as evenly as possible to protect everyone involved in an accident.
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers automatically turn on when precipitation is detected to offer maximum visibility at all times.
- Auto-dimming power folding side mirrors are designed to mitigate high amounts of light so you can always see what’s behind you.
2017 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid Safety Ratings
The Sport Hybrid model has not yet been rated separately from the 2017 Acura MDX, but the MDX received a 5-star rating from the NHTSA. The 2016 Acura MDX received the IIHS award of a 2016 Top Safety Pick+. We anticipate excellent ratings on this model from both the NHTSA and IIHS, and we will update you here with the results when they are available!
Other Features of the 2017 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid
There’s a lot to love about this SUV. From the luxury interior to what’s going on under the hood, you’ll be comfortable with its safety features, seating, and handling. There’s something for everyone:
- 3.0L V6 engine producing 325-hp
- Premium leather seating
- Interior wood trim available
- Three rows of seating
- Rear Entertainment system available
- Keyless Remote Engine Start available
Meet the 2017 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid Soon
Be one of the first to test drive the 2017 Acura MDX Hybrid Sport when it comes to the Orland Park, Tinley Park, and Naperville area. When it arrives later this year, give us a call at 800-314-1625 or contact us online to schedule a test drive. You can stop by the dealership at 8100 West 159th Street in Naperville to check out our other hybrid options while you wait!