A Strength Injection for your Orland Park Commute — The 2017 Acura MDX Performance
The 2017 Acura MDX is now available for drivers in Orland Park, Tinley Park, and Naperville, and it’s packing riveting performance under its hood. A fuel-efficient engine with available Idle Stop delivers a punch, and available AWD will make winter commuting safe and easy in Chicagoland. Find out all about this crossover’s performance below, and then stop into Joe Rizza Acura to give the 2017 Acura MDX a test drive!
The new Acura MDX is powered by a 3.5L direct injection engine. The engine is equipped with Intelligent Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control. You can choose between front wheel drive or SH-AWD, which makes driving through rain, snow, or shine easy and safer than ever. The towing capacity of this engine tops out at an impressive 5,000 lbs, so you can haul your boat for fishing trips up north.
Horsepower, Speed, and Torque
For a three-row SUV, the 2017 Acura MDX delivers when it comes to power. The engine develops up to 290 hp at 6200 rpm and 267 lb.-ft. of torque. This torque rating comes in handy should you go with the Super Handling AWD option as it delivers power to the rear wheels — allowing precision handling that rivals that of many competitors. You’ll be able to reach 0 to 60 mph in about 6.5 seconds, meaning you won’t be lagging behind on the highway.
A 9-speed automatic transmission is paired with the engine, allowing smooth and effortless transitions between gears. Sequential SportShift paddle shifters are located inside of the vehicle so that you can manage gear shifts manually if you desire. These precise gear shifts allow for better fuel efficiency and contribute to the precision handling of the Acura brand.
The 2017 Acura MDX is surprisingly efficient for its powerful performance. There’s little difference between FWD and AWD, so you can opt for AWD for a safer experience without compromising what you’ll pay at the tank. And with a 19.5 gallon fuel tank, you’ll have fewer stops at the pump, too.
- 2WD: 27 mpg highway* and 19 mpg city*
- 2WD with Idle Stop: 27 mpg highway* and 20 mpg city*
- SH-AWD: 26 mpg highway* and 18 mpg city*
- SH-AWD with Idle Stop: 26 mpg highway* 19 mpg city*
Special Performance Features
It wouldn’t be an Acura without premium performance. The 2017 Acura MDX offers drivers many special performance features that allow you to maneuver the vehicle in rough conditions while enjoying a quiet cabin and smooth ride.
- Chrome Dual Exhaust: These attractive chrome exhausts pipes sit flush with the rear bumper for a stylish accent while serving you for better performance.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: This technology applies braking to appropriate wheels in the event of over or under steering to make sure you maintain control of the vehicle.
- Super Handling AWD: Torque is distributed to rear wheels to offer you the best control of the vehicle no matter the weather or terrain that you’re traversing with this available option.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System: Should a forward collision be predicted to be imminent, you’ll be provided a visual alert before braking is automatically applied to prevent an accident.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Maintain a safe distance from the vehicle ahead of you should you come up on traffic with this intelligent cruise control system.
- Lane Keeping Assist: With the help of a frontview camera, this system applies steering torque should you begin to drift from your lane’s lines without a turn signal.
- Road Departure Mitigation: Designed to prevent an accident due to driver fatigue, this system will apply braking, steering assistance, and alerts should it predict that you are swerving off of the road.
- Idle Stop: This eco-friendly option shuts the engine off when you’re stopped at a red light, resuming power when you lift your foot from the brake.
- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor: This feature alerts you to vehicles approaching either side of the vehicle in your blind spot so that you can switch lanes or leave the parking lot with ease.
Try the 2017 Acura MDX at Joe Rizza Acura in Orland Park
Test drive this crossover SUV today at Joe Rizza Acura to see its unrivaled performance for yourself. Give us a call for more information at 800-952-7697. We’re located at 8150 W 159th St in Orland Park, near Tinley Park and Naperville. You can also contact us online if you have any questions!
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid only) and other factors.