2016 Acura MDX Performance: In-Depth Report
With plenty of tech and fuel-efficient performance, the all-new 2016 Acura MDX brings a great amount of value and luxury at a reasonable price point. In this special report for drivers in Orland Park, Tinley Park, and Naperville, we’ve compiled the essential facts you need to know when it comes to the 2016 Acura MDX’s performance. See how the Acura MDX compares to the Infiniti Qx50 – and how you can take the new 2016 Acura MDX for a test drive today at Joe Rizza Acura in Orland Park!
Let’s start with what’s under the hood: the engine and related parts. The 2016 Acura MDX comes standard with an advanced 3.5-liter engine that brings incredible fuel economy and performance to your driving experience. Here are the essential specs you need to know:
- 3.5-liter V-6 Engine: The 3.5L V6 core that powers the MDX brings tremendous fuel efficiency and performance – especially for a V6-class engine.
- Direct Gas Injection: DGI ensures that you’ll get the maximum performance possible from the MDX’s already-superior engine technology.
- Variable Cylinder Management: Save fuel with this variable displacement technology that disables and enables cylinders under various conditions.
- Acura i-VTEC System: This technology improves volumetric efficiency inside the internal combustion engine to improve efficiency and fuel economy.
Horsepower, Speed, and Torque
With its powerful engine, the 2016 Acura MDX can punch well above its weight and compete with the best of them. Let’s take a closer look at the horsepower and torque of the MDX to see just how powerful it can be – both in the city and on the highway.
- Horsepower: 290 hp gives you the strength you need to get anywhere you want to go.
- Torque: 267 lb.-ft of torque at 4500 rpm.
- i-VTEC: Intelligent Variable Timing and Lift Control increases your MDX’s horsepower by advancing valve timing relative to engine rpm. In other words, it boosts horsepower and increases efficiency.
- Drive-by-Wire Throttle System: This system varies throttle sensitive and provides a calibrated throttle response to handle different driving conditions.
Just as important as the engine, a vehicle’s transmission can make or break your driving experience. Here are some of the key transmission features you’ll find onboard the Acura MDX:
- 9-Speed Sequential SportShift Automatic: This smooth transmission makes your life even easier.
- Super Handling All-Wheel Drive: SH-AWD provides an unparalleled handling experience designed to give you the smoothest driving experience possible.
- Electronic Gear Shifter: Intuitive, single-touch gear manipulation makes for a pleasurable drive.
- Grade Logic Control: This clever system automatically holds a gear at higher rpm on steep grades.
A fuel-efficient SUV? That’s not an oxymoron anymore with the 2016 Acura MDX. The engineers behind this superb vehicle have spent significant time and energy designing a fuel-efficient performance platform that’s designed to save you money at the pump. Here’s how:
- EPA Fuel Economy Ratings: 20/27/23 mpg* in FWD and 19/26/22 mpg* in AWD save you money at the pump for a guilt-free automotive experience.
- Reduced Weight: 270 lbs lighter means you’ll have a sportier, more fuel-efficient driving experience.
- Efficient 9-Speed Transmission: As discussed previously, the MDX’s 9-speed transmission confers outstanding fuel efficiency benefits.
- Reduced Rolling Resistance: The MDX’s decreased rolling resistance leads to greater efficiency and performance gains to save you even more money.
Special Performance Features
Of course, it’s not just about the numbers. The 2016 MDX brings a number of outstanding special performance features to the road. Here are a few of the most innovative ones you’ll find onboard:
- Performance Braking: A racer-class brake system ensures you have outstanding performance in dry, wet, and icy conditions.
- Quiet and Smooth Driving Experience: Superb suspension components and materials give you a quiet and relaxing driving experience.
- Battery Charge Protection: You’ll never have to worry about a dead or weak battery again with an automatic-shutdown if accessories begin to drain it.
Test Drive the 2016 Acura MDX Today at Joe Rizza Acura!
The best way to see if the 2016 Acura MDX is the right fit for your lifestyle and driving needs is to take it for a test drive. At Joe Rizza Acura, we’re more than happy to let you take a new MDX for a test drive around the block, and we hope to see you soon! We’re located at 8150 W 159th St, Orland Park, IL 60462 and you can contact us online or over the phone at 800-934-4025.
*Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain you vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid models only) and other factors.