Performance Features in the 2017 Acura ILX
What makes the 2017 Acura ILX so distinctive? Well, where do we begin? You probably already know that the Acura ILX offers drivers a wide spectrum of exciting entertainment, information, and connectivity technologies to keep you and your passengers engaged throughout the drive.
At the same time, the Acura ILX also gives you an array of safety devices and systems to keep everyone as safe as possible on the open road. Likewise, the Acura ILX offers ample interior space for passengers, cargo, and anything else you want to pack into it, and its interior and exterior design are unrivaled in their elegance and luxury.
But here’s the thing: the 2017 Acura ILX is also one of the best performing vehicles in its class, giving drivers awesome engine specifications, great levels of horsepower, speed and torque, a superb transmission system, and excellent fuel economy. Let’s check out each one of these areas in some detail.
- No matter the trim level, the ILX is equipped with a 2.4L 16-Valve i-VTEC 4-Cylinder system that guarantees astonishing performance.
- The ILX’s Direct Injection system also pressurizes fuel at 2,900 psi, improving the engine’s efficiency even more.
Horsepower, Speed, Torque
- Outfitted with its 2.4L engine, the Acura ILX gets 201 horsepower, as well as 180 lb-ft of torque.
- At the same time, it can reach speeds of 138 mph, and it can accelerate from 0-60 in 6.4 seconds.
- The ILX also boasts an impressive compression ratio of 11.6:1.
Not only does the Acura ILX promise astounding power, but it also gives drivers one of the smoothest rides around with an advanced transmission system:
- The 2017 Acura ILX provides driver with 8-speed dual-clutch transmission, for stellar handling and second-to-none control.
- The Acura is especially good at operating in difficult terrains. For example, the Acura’s transmission system comes with paddle shifters, which make it possible to better control engine speeds on winding mountain roads or quickly curving highways.
- Equipped with a torque converter, the Acura ILX can also promise excellent operating at low speeds as well as high.
- And tune-ups are suggested only every 100,000 miles.
The Acura ILX is efficient, too. Its economical engine and sophisticated transmission system translate into:
- 25 mpg* in the city and 35 mpg* on the highway.
- Meanwhile, the ILX gives you a fuel tank capacity of 1.3 U.S. gallons.
What this means is that you’ll not only be able to save money on gas, but you’ll also be helping do your part for the environment. Add to this efficiency the fact that the Acura ILX is an especially clean machine, having earned a CARB emissions rating of ULEV-3, and you’ll begin to realize how suitable this vehicle is for eco-conscious drivers.
Finally, the Acura ILX is embedded with a number of features that amp up its performance even more. For example, it gives you:
- Performance Braking – With a sophisticated performance braking system, the Acura ILX boasts solid, secure braking wherever you find yourself, whether it be driving on the highway and just around town.
- Jewel-Eyed LED Headlights – The ILX’s LED headlights are not only gorgeous, but they’re also highly functional, guaranteeing excellent visibility at night and in foggy or rainy weather.
- An Adaptable Suspension System – With amplitude reactive dampers, the ILX can respond quickly and cleanly to all changes in your driving condition, promising you top-notch handling and added comfort.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering – The ILX is also able to handle collisions, being capable of receiving and then redistributing frontal Impact not through the cabin but rather around it.
- Hill Start Assist – With Hill Start Assist, the ILX is even better able to start on hills: before the engines turns, the brakes will lock for a few extra seconds, preventing the vehicle from slipping.
Explore the Acura ILX’s Performance Features for Yourself!
There’s no need to simply take our word for all of this, though. Instead, you can stop by our Joe Rizza Acura dealership, located at 8150 West 159th Street in Orland Park, to give the 2017 Acura ILX yourself. Alternatively, you can just give us a call at 800-934-4025 to discuss this exciting new vehicle with one of our staff and book a test drive. Don’t hesitate: experience the power and high-quality performance of the Acura ILX today!
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid only) and other factors.