2018 Acura RDX vs. 2017 Cadillac XT5
Both the 2018 Acura RDX and the 2017 Cadillac XT5 offer luxury at its finest, so it may be hard to decide which model is the best one. With powerful engines under the hood, advanced technology, and exquisite interiors, it’s definitely a close call between these two models; but after reading this quick comparison, you’ll quickly realize there is a clear winner.
Top-Notch Fuel Efficiency
The new RDX offers a slightly smaller engine than the 2017 Cadillac XT5, but the power behind each engine is impressive, and offers more than enough get-up and-go whether you’re zipping between Oak Brook ant Tinley Park or heading farther afield.
That said, the RDX is the clear winner in terms of efficiency. The 2018 Acura RDX can achieve up to 20 mpg in the city and 28 on the highway* when equipped with 2WD, while the Cadillac XT5 only gets 19 in the city and 27 on the highway. With AWD, the RDX wins out again with up to 27 mpg on the highway*; where the AWD XT5 only sees up to 26 mpg highway. The RDX also allows for a more refined drive with a Sequential SportShift Paddle Shifter transmission — that’s not available on the XT5.
One of the benefits of choosing the 2018 Acura RDX over the 2017 Cadillac XT5 is that you’ll get more standard features. For example, you’ll find the following features on the base RDX model, but not on the base XT5:
- Power Tailgate: Press a button on your key fob to automatically open and close the tailgate on the RDX.
- Power Adjustable Heated Side Mirrors with LED Turn-Signal Lights: On chilly mornings you won’t have to worry about not being able to see out of your side mirrors thanks to this feature.
There’s also plenty of interior features that you’ll find as standard on the 2018 Acura RDX but not the 2017 Cadillac XT5, including:
- Driver’s 10-Way Power Adjustable Seat Plus 4-Way Front Passenger Seat: The Cadillac XT5 only offers an 8-way power adjustable driver seat as standard with no option for a 10-way. And it only offers a 2-way adjustable front passenger seat with the option to move up to a 6-way adjustability. With the RDX, you can upgrade the front passenger seat to an 8-way adjustable seatr. Both models come with heated front seats.
- Pandora and Aha Capability: Connect your smartphone seamlessly to play all your favorite tunes from Pandora and Aha.
- Speed-Sensitive Volume Control: Never worry about adjusting the volume on your radio again.
- Cargo Room: Enjoy up to 76.9 cubic feet of cargo room with the 2018 Acura RDX versus only 63.0 cubic feet with the 2017 Cadillac XT5 Crossover.
Drive the 2018 RDX at Joe Rizza Acura Today
The 2017 Cadillac XT5 costs more and offers fewer features than the 2018 Acura RDX, so the winner of this comparison is clear. Take a test drive in the RDX and talk to our finance team about your options today when you stop by our dealership at 8150 W 159th St in Orland Park. We hope to see you soon!