The 2016 Acura TLX’s Performance Specs
The new 2016 Acura TLX brings a hefty performance boost to the TLX line – and it’s bound to impress. If you’re a driver in the Orland Park, Tinley Park, or Naperville areas who is on the market for a mid-size luxury sedan that delivers a tremendous amount of horsepower and torque in a stylish package, then the 2016 TLX is definitely worth consideration. Read on to learn more about its engine specs, horsepower, speed, torque, transmission options, fuel economy, and more – and how you can test drive it today at Joe Rizza Acura in Orland Park!
When you invest in the 2016 Acura TLX, you have access to one of two powertrain options: the 2.4-liter and 3.5-liter engines. Each one has its unique strengths, and choosing the proper engine configuration for your driving needs is of the utmost importance. Let’s take a look:
- 2.4-liter 16-valve 4-cylinder engine: Includes Intelligent Variable Timing and Lift Control (i-VTEC) technology, Direct Gas Injection, and Drive-by-Wire system enhancements.
- 3.5-liter 24-valve V6 engine: Includes Variable Cylinder Management (VCM), i-VTEC, Variable Cylinder Management, Drive-by-Wire, and cooling-enhanced fuel injection for maximum power and efficiency.
Horsepower, Speed, and Torque
Let’s get down to the juicy details. If you’re looking for a super-powerful engine that lets you cruise effortlessly down the highway when you step on the gas, the 3.5-liter engine option may be ideal for you. If, on the other hand, you’re looking for something more efficient, the 2.4-liter variant may be better. Let’s explore both engines’ horsepower, speed, and torque:
- 2.4-liter 16-valve 4-cylinder engine: 206 high-revving horsepower, 182 lb. ft. of torque (both SAE net).
- 3.5-liter 24-valve V6 engine: 290 horsepower at 6200 rpm, 267 lbs.-ft. of torque at 4500 rpm (both SAE net).
Of course, it’s not just about horsepower and torque – it’s also about the transmission. Here are the 2016 TLX’s transmission options:
- 8-Speed DCT (Dual-Clutch Transmission) with torque converter and Sequential SportShift paddle shifters: 4-cyl.
- 9-Speed automatic transmission with Sequential SportShift paddle shifters: V-6 & SH-AWD.
Not only is the 2016 Acura TLX fast and versatile, it’s also very efficient. This efficiency means that you’ll save more money when you’re at the gas pump, as well as afford you a clear-conscience driving experience. Here are each engine’s fuel economy metrics to help you make the right decision:
- 2.4-liter 16-valve 4-cylinder engine: 24/ 35 / 28 mpg* (city/highway/combined).
- 3.5-liter 24-valve V6 engine: 21 / 34 / 25 mpg* (city/highway/combined) for the front-drive models and 21 / 31 / 25 mpg* for SH-AWD models.
Special Performance Features
The 2016 TLX has a few special performance features up its sleeves. After all, it’s a luxury mid-size sedan that punches well above its weight. Here are some of the most interesting and important performance features you’ll find onboard:
- Integrated Dynamic System: With 4 unique driving modes including Normal, Economy, Sport, and Sport+, you can custom-tailor your driving experience to best suit how you’re feeling. Want an economical pace? Try Economy. Want to experience something a little more on the wild side? Sport+ is your best bet.
- Agile Handling Assist: The 2016 TLX takes corners without breaking a sweat, especially with its standard Agile Handling Assist system. This technology will enhance your handling capabilities in all conditions by taking advantage of active braking on an inside wheel to smoothly travel through curves.
- Performance Braking: With the TLX’s performance braking system, you’ll be able to control your braking distance and speed in all conditions, including when it’s clear, rainy, or snowy. You’ll also enjoy the benefits of short pedal travel, reducing running resistance, and ventilated front discs whose diameters measure in at 12.6 inches.
Test Drive the 2016 Acura TLX Today at Joe Rizza Acura – And Experience Its Power!
Without a doubt, the 2016 Acura TLX offers a level of performance that is unparalleled in the luxury mid-size sedan marketplace. Check it out today at Joe Rizza Acura in Orland Park and see for yourself! We recommend that you take the new TLX for a test drive, especially if you’re undecided about which performance features you’d like to have on board. In particular, you should test drive models from both the 2.4 and 3.5-liter engine classes to make this determination. We’re located at 8150 W 159th St, Orland Park, IL 60462 and you can contact us over the phone at 800-934-4025 or online for more information. We look forward to seeing you soon at Joe Rizza Acura!
*Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain you vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid models only) and other factors.